International Relations Department
The Department is responsible for coordinating international relations of the Office of the Personal Data Protection Inspector and representing the Office on the international and national level, as well as conducting educational activities, research and analysis of the international practice.
The main functions of the Department are:
- To manage and coordinate relations with international organizations and the similar bodies of the other states;
- To represent the Office of the Inspector in the international organizations, data protection authorities of the other states, other agencies and on international and regional events;
- To ensure fulfillment of the obligations of Georgia under international agreements within the competence of the Office;
- To coordinate harmonization of the Georgian legislation with the international and European law within the competence of the Office;
- To research the international standards and best practice of other countries related to the data protection and prepare the relevant recommendations;
- To plan and organize trainings on the personal data protection for the private organizations and public agencies.
The staff of the Department consists of:
- Head of the International Relations Department
- Training Manager
- Research Manager
Ms. Nino Sarishvili is the Head of Departments since August, 2013